Thursday, January 26, 2012

This year we'll be donating the proceeds to-drum roll please....

THE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS RESEARCH CENTER OF NEW YORK http://www.msrcny.org/home-news

The MS Society is a great organization and we have donated nearly $10,000 since 2009. This year, however, we've decided to donate the money to a smaller organization.  MSRCNY is doing groundbreaking research to try to find a cure for ms. I asked my friend Gloria, who works in the field, what she thought about the switch and this is what she had to say, "Actually my organization gives a grant to MSRCNY and I would HIGHLY recommend them! I've done a tour of the place (they have state of the art facilities) and I've met with Dr. Saud Sadiq, the founder and director, who is brilliant not to mention down to earth and truly genuine. We are currently giving a 3 year grant to Dr. Violaine Harris who is working on using adult stem cells to repair and reverse MS. This is one of the research projects that I feel strongly about, not only because it's innovative but also because Dr. Sadiq and his team are really passionate about their work.

please visit their website for more information. http://www.msrcny.org/home-news

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment